[AusNOG] Google creepier than Conroy?

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Tue Jun 8 19:22:16 EST 2010

Mark,

> Boiling it down, Bevan has accused Google of an unlawful
> telecommunications interception.

I took considerable effort to discuss the law relating to interception
as I see it with many qualifications clearly stating that I am not a
lawyer, nor is this advice.  Furthermore, I was very particular to
explain that these are from unsubstantiated reports which have yet to be
verified as correct.  I explained clearly that *if* these
unsubstantiated reports are proven correct *and* if there was an
interception of communication which was stored then yes Google *may*
have unlawfully intercepted.

I think it is grossly inappropriate for you to blatantly disregard my
substantive responses and qualifications to then effectively put words
in my mouth for the purposes of your arguments.

[b]