[AusNOG] Google creepier than Conroy?

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Fri Jun 4 17:03:40 EST 2010

On 04/06/2010, at 2:42 PM, Narelle wrote:

> So Google is alleged to have:
> - incorporated wifi aware code into its streetview surveys for the
> last couple of years
> - actively intercepted data passing across unsecured wireless LANs as
> it drove along
>
> There are reports that this data may have included emails and scans of
> file stores on the unsecured wireless LANs, but I haven't verified
> that.

While we're all talking about this, lets consider how much private data
is likely to be captured by censorware if the guy Google is supposed to be
creepier than gets his way.

All data addressed to all virtual servers on the same IP address as a
blacklisted URL is a reasonable starting point for consideration.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)