[AusNOG] Labor to force people to connect to broadband

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Fri Jul 30 14:11:01 EST 2010

On 30/07/2010, at 1:27 PM, Kai wrote:

> So, if I have this correct, Conroy says:
>
> "The cynics, the doomsayers, claimed we were only going to get 10 per cent or 15 per cent [on the network]," he told ABC Radio.
>
> "We've already got 50 per cent signed up."

That's a bit of a bizarre statement for the Minister to make.  About 50%
of houses in the coverage area have accepted a free fibre drop to an ONT
on an external wall of their house.  But we knew that before they even
finished rolling it out.

That says nothing about the number of people who have actually "signed up"
to an internet service.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)