[AusNOG] iiNet in Trading Halt...

John Edwards john at netniche.com.au
Fri Jul 30 09:32:46 EST 2010

On 29/07/2010, at 11:49 PM, Mark Prior wrote:

> On 29/07/10 4:39 PM, Andrew Fort wrote:
>>
>> Whenever people complain about how awful 530 is (I haven't been there
>> for 6 years so I can only hope it got better? A likely story huh), it
>> reminds me that things could be worse...
>>
>> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2277/2180039413_f54b142ff4_o.jpg
>>
> Last time I was there 530 Collins and 123 Eagle had a long way to go
> before they equaled some of the excellence in One Wilshire :-)

Fortunately for history, digital cameras were not readily available in the days when Australian ISP's with hundreds of PSTN lines ran in suburban spare bedrooms..

Remember in 1995 when the ISP was busy there was always one bad modem that answered your call but didn't sync? No-one ever found it amongst the cabling.. they just kept adding more lines to make it statistically insignificant until 56K dialup gave them a reason to go with ISDN indial.

John