[AusNOG] Highest ADSL2 internet connection speed

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Jul 28 00:03:03 EST 2010

On 27/07/2010 12:35 PM, Darren Moss wrote:
> Hey Noggers,
> We were doing some maintenance recently and I asked my team what would
> be the fastest ADSL2 connection speeds they have seen across our
> customers.
> Here is the fastest we have seen...
> 24575/1020 Kbps
> The actual attainable rate was 27008.
> Amazing.
> Location...... not Metro.......
> Anyone else seen higher ?
>
> Regards,
>

> *Darren Moss
> *General Manager
> Australia and New Zealand
> [p] 1300 131 083 [f] 03 9017 2287
> [e] Darren.Moss at em3.com.au <mailto:Darren.Moss at em3.com.au> [w]
> www.em3.com.au <http://www.em3.com.au>
> **

(breaks out the old spectrum interference model)

FWIW, the protocol maximum for ADSL2+ that you should see on
sufficiently short and isolated loops is 28188 kbps - so you still have
some headroom to be beaten!

Paul.
**

--
Paul Brooks               |         Mob +61 414 366 605
Layer 10 Advisory         |         Ph  +61 2 9402 7355