[AusNOG] Ausnog Mailing list

Jay Mitchell jay at miscreant.org
Thu Jul 22 00:08:15 EST 2010

Julian De Marchi wrote:

> Heya Karl,
>
> I might be incorrect, and if so applogize now. You should re-read the
headers
> below. The list is CCed. This in theory means you receive two emails. One
from
> the replier(in this case Jason) and one from the list.

Most MUA's are smart enough to only display one copy, even if the recipient
is directly CC'd and receives the mail from the list.

You may also have noticed that in the example headers Karl posted, neither
the sender or recipient are @cisco.com, so one might wonder why all the
cisco.com hops.

What you wouldn't have seen (because only one set of headers were provided )
was that there were some obvious indications that these were indeed multiple
deliveries.

Cheers,

Jay