[AusNOG] Ausnog Mailing list

Julian De Marchi julian at jdcomputers.com.au
Wed Jul 21 19:43:18 EST 2010

Karl Kloppenborg wrote:
> Hey Noggers,

Heya Karl,

> Just wondering is anyone else experiencing repeat emails from AusNOG?
>
> I am getting a dozen of them a day all headers seem to be pointing to where it passes through cisco's mail systems
>
> However might just be my system?

I might be incorrect, and if so applogize now. You should re-read the
headers below. The list is CCed. This in theory means you receive two
emails. One from the replier(in this case Jason) and one from the list.

You obviously know how to read email headers, so I'll assume you just
missed this field.

> This was received just then.. two minutes ago
> 	From: 	Jason Bailey <jason at naughtymonkeys.net>
> 	Subject: 	Re: [AusNOG] APNIC WHOIS
> 	Date: 	20 July 2010 4:04:51 PM AEST
> 	To: 	Karl Kloppenborg <karl at karltec.net>
> 	Cc: 	ausnog <ausnog at ausnog.net>

This is ausnog's default behaviour, CCing the list. I've never really
understood it(spose its for unsubscribe OPs, but I see it as
pointless). I'd like to make it clear that I am not asking for change,
this gets brought up at least once a year and is pointless.

Notice I've left you as the TO karl, so if I am right, you'll get two
copies of this.

--julian