[AusNOG] APNIC WHOIS

p8x l at p8x.net
Tue Jul 20 16:12:02 EST 2010

I would say you are fine.

On the APNIC whois page:

"The APNIC Whois Database is a publicly searchable database detailing
address usage within the Asia Pacific region. The results of any search
are provided purely for operational purposes (such as finding the
authoritative contact for a troublesome machine) and are not to be used
for commercial or marketing purposes." [1]

On the privacy page:

"Some of the personal information you provide may be publicly registered
in the APNIC Whois Database. This is limited to contact details relating
to the allocation of specific public Internet resources.

Please note that in relation to these network contact details, the APNIC
Whois Database allows organizations to register "role objects" in place
of personal details." [2]

It sounds a little odd that they would think the whois data is private.
I wonder if they have fake whois data on their domains.

[1]: http://www.apnic.net/apnic-info/whois_search2/using-whois
[2]: http://www.apnic.net/apnic-info/privacy [Section 2.1]