[AusNOG] ISOC-AU position on filtering - with Skeeve's thoughts

ComKal Networks admin at comkal.com.au
Mon Jul 19 10:33:50 EST 2010

Hi Chris,

> optional filtering

It is appearing that it is only optional in that you have to select
the ISP, with Primus, Optus, (I havent checked Telstra) and
others it will be an all filterered 'option', if you do not want to be
filtered then find a different ISP.

(Primus have always had a filter option, you just have to go via a
proxy but people havent been interested, which is why most of
there sales people probably dont even know that its an option
now)

I would call it a voluntary optional filter in as far as its voluntary
for the ISP to implement it with government 'incentives'.

The main ISP's also appear to have silenced people from speaking
about the subject in fear of upsetting government. To me this is
bad, as the government should fear the people, not the people fear
the government.

Our current government is still acting like there is nothing to fear
from any industry or the Australian people.

Cheers
Ian Manners
ComKal Networks Australia