[AusNOG] Internet Filter Delayed Until 2011

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Fri Jul 9 15:44:25 EST 2010

I'm concerned that this is the thin edge of the wedge approach:

Filtering of just "CP" becomes done by some "large" isps.
"Why aren't YOU filtering Mr ISP, are you FOR CP?"
"See that wasn't so bad, now the rest of you do it"
"See now you've got it, we'll change the rules and you need to block all the content we want you to block from our lobbiest friends" <evil conroy laugh>

This is a completely pointless exercise, partially to save face before the election, but agreeing with it is just buying into the insanity.

As per my previous posts - this is the Fed Govt showing they're all show and no go about actually preventing Children being harmed.  Not one child will be saved from harm by this insanity.

On 09/07/2010, at 3:05 PM, Narelle wrote:

> The list is very probably the same list used in the UK for its opt-in
> system of ISP level filtering.

The one that blocked Wikipedia? http://apcmag.com/internet_filter_stuffup_cuts_off_wikipedia.htm

Awesome.  Let's just wait.

MMC