[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Thu Jul 8 13:29:31 EST 2010

Andrew,

The filter is not changing the status of any content.  What's illegal is still illegal, what's legal is still legal.  If you're doing something illegal then you goto Jail.

The issue is that the filter will demonstrate that the government is interested in an unworkable bandaid and not helping the AFP etc stop and remove Child Porn.   They just want to make it a little harder to get to.  (ie.  because it's in a filter they'll be admitting they KNOW where it is, but also admitting they've not taken the effort to remove it).

MMC