[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

Andrew Oskam percy at th3interw3bs.net
Thu Jul 8 08:54:57 EST 2010

The problem is that we all seem to be looking at the filter as though
it's going to be problematic from Day 1.

For all we know, it might work fine at first - it's the future I'm
concerned.

The last thing I want is for future governments to get their greasy
mitts on the filter and bending the filter to their own agendas.

Not to mention, their is yet to be any substantial indication that the
filter is in some way 'futureproof'. Which I see as a big issue.

Andrew Oskam

E  percy at th3interw3bs.net

NOTICE:

These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily
reflect the positions or opinions of my employer or their affiliates.
All comments are based upon my current knowledge and my own personal
experiences. You should conduct independent tests to verify the validity
of any statements made in this email before basing any decisions upon
those statements.