[AusNOG] What are we , collectively, doing about the impending mandatatory censorship scheme?

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Thu Jul 8 08:16:22 EST 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Andrew Oskam <percy at th3interw3bs.net> wrote:
> I'm in the same boat as you Skeeve - my thoughts exactly
> I just can't justify the loss of the NBN.

Despite what the libs have said, they wouldn't dare "kill" the NBN
(whatever it is, it means jobs and NBN completing the
great-for-mums-and-dads Telstra deal means it's basically impossible
for them to back out now).  They'll just complete its conversion to
private company sooner rather than later, its directors will be
swapped out with lib cronies who don't mind taking an ever-increasing
cut of your tax dollars for their "efforts". They'll also either
drastically cut its operational budget, and leave its name the same,
or cut its budget by less, and change the name.

Similar to what MMC has been saying; Don't forget, it's politics -
what they said will happen will not happen and what they do will only
change names, not policies in any meaningful way.

-a