[AusNOG] Security for CC details of new signups

Steve Skeevens steve.skeevens at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:00:57 EST 2010

Hi List,

I've been doing some work on a client's network and I was wondering if their
method of storing credit card numbers of newly registering users was BCP or
not.  Basically, what seems to be happening is the new user's details,
including CC, get stored in a world-readable file in /tmp.  I'm worried that
this might be susceptible to being stolen and posted somewhere by a hacker.
Does this seem well-founded to you or am I just paranoid?

Regards,
Steve