[AusNOG] Network Management and Tools

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Mon Jul 5 17:40:12 EST 2010

Mark Newton wrote:

> Wrote my own.  We use it extensively, keeps tabs on our entire
international network.
> http://nodemap.internode.on.net/

Actually I've planned to 'pick it up' and rewrite it so it takes status
(and maybe even some of the config) data from another source (Nagios
specifically) rather than doing its own polling, because I really like
the hierarchical structure and ability to show link 'health' - I'm
surprised there aren't more visualisation tools out there that do this!
Nagvis does some of it, weathermap does some of the rest... Haven't
found anything which does both in a way that can easily be tacked on to
existing systems. I'd be happy to be told I'm missing something.

I've never dealt with graphic/drawing libraries before so the concept of
adding curves scares me a little :-)

This plan has been on my 'to do list' for the last 4 years... so it's
probably not happening any time soon unless the projects here slow down.
I can only dream. (or give up some hobbies)

Does Internode still use nodemap internally or have you moved on to
other tools?

Regards,
Brad