[AusNOG] Network Management and Tools

Thomason, Simon Simon.Thomason at racq.com.au
Mon Jul 5 10:52:37 EST 2010

We use statseeker and Ciscoworks!

Statseeker will monitor EVERYTHING on your network with out blinking and eye on old hardware. That said with the newer versions you do have to have a min of 100gig of diskspace which can be an issue on older hardware.

Statseeker does graphing, reporting, and alerting which is pretty nice once setup.

Ciscoworks is not the easiest of products to use but it does do a good job when you have it setup (so many hours bashing my head against a wall)

Cheers,

Simon T.