[AusNOG] Network Management and Tools

phil colbourn philcolbourn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 22:00:50 EST 2010

I work for RailCorp (although not in the NOC).

We use:

   - Alcatel's 5620 for ATM configuration and alarm management.
   - EMC SMARTS as a MOM.
   - Infovista is for data-warehousing / trending
   - An old macroview system for old contact-based alarms.
   - Various SNMP Agents for remote contact alarms.
   - HP OpenView for Nokia SDH.
   - What's Up Gold for something.
   - Alcatel 1352 CM for SDH

(and probably a whole bunch more)

What do you use for

   - Alarm/event management (SNMP traps, syslog)
   - Performance management (SNMP Polls)
   - Backup config files
   - AAA (local, RADIUS)
   - Configuration management

What fault finding tools (ping, traceroute) do you use?
Do you rely on commercial products?
Do you rely on Open Source products?

--
Phil

http://philatwarrimoo.blogspot.com
http://code.google.com/p/snmp2xml

"Someone has solved it and uploaded it for free."

"If I have nothing to hide, you have no reason to look."

Arthur C. Clarke - Who does magic today?