[AusNOG] High pings over PIPE

Keiran Holloway keiran.holloway at anchor.com.au
Sat Jul 3 23:15:36 EST 2010

 > > Is anybody experiencing high pings and apparent packet loss over PIPE
 > > or Internode? When doing a few traceroutes, the hops that pass
through
 > > PIPE are averaging about 400-700ms on average and often timing out.

Mark,

"Works for me"  Ping output below.  Cannot see anything on trend
monitoring (smokeping) either.

--- www.internode.on.net ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9012ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 22.901/23.045/23.394/0.239 ms, pipe 2

-- Keiran Holloway Operations Manager A view into the Anchor Engineroom
: http://anchor.com.au/blog/ Solving your problems 24x7 :
http://anchor.com.au/wiki/ Anchor Systems Pty Ltd - Hosting Heavyweights
Level 4, 81 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000 http://www.anchor.com.au -
support at anchor.com.au Phone: 1300 883 979 - Fax: 02 8296 5199