[AusNOG] Outage that costs Millions

Craig Meyers Craig.Meyers at citec.com.au
Fri Jul 2 17:23:51 EST 2010

I'm hearing that a card failed in Longsdale exchange which affected
multiple links, which initiated a flood of spanning tree messages and
triggered loop prevention mechanisms, and Telstra had to restart links
in error-disabled state.

In a nutshell, which is what people on this list guessed anyhow.

Hope this helps.

-- Craig