[AusNOG] IPv6 Subnet Calculator

Michael Dale mdale at dalegroup.net
Thu Jan 28 15:53:03 EST 2010

>From Here:
http://www.apnic.net/policy/ipv6-address-policy

5.4.1. Assignment address space size

End-users are assigned  an end site assignment from their LIR or ISP.The exact size of the  assignment is a local decision for the LIR or ISP to make, using a  minimum value of a /64 (when only one subnet is anticipated for the end  site) up to the normal maximum of /48, except in cases of extra large  end sites where a larger assignment can be justified.

Also it would be nice to be able to use autoconfig where possible, so a /64 is a must. We could get away with smaller subnets but I don't really see any benefits of it.

Michael.
  _____