[AusNOG] IANA IPv4 allocations and bogon update 1/8 and 27/8

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Wed Jan 27 06:55:06 EST 2010

On 20/01/2010 00:02, Scott Howard wrote:
> You mean 1/8 and 11/8 aren't covered by RFC1918???

I'll pretend you didn't say that. :-)

> Going to be interesting to see how this one plays out.  Putting clients
> on 1/8 is probably safer than putting servers on them, but it'll still
> cause issues with VPNs and the like.

Why will putting access customers be 'safer' ?  The end to end principal
matters... or it doesn't. :-)  Nodes are nodes.

We all knew the end game was going to suck long before the actual
exhaustion date, so here we are.

Networks who have not started their ipv6 plan are now way behind.

Those who think ipv4.2 will save the day will have a feel of what it
will feel like post exhaustion, if as some people predict, islands in
1/8 wont have full connectivity.

C'mon guys, get your v6 plans finished and implemented ! :-)

Andy