[AusNOG] Less than 10% of IPv4 Addresses Remain Unallocated

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Fri Jan 22 10:18:17 EST 2010

Simple routers (ethernet to ethernet/wifi) are more available to do dual stack than ADSL ones.   Let's face it.   An ethernet to ethernet router is easier to build and doesn't require the kind of certification a DSL one does.

eg.  latest Apple Airport (I mean the VERY latest) have PPP dual stack built in.   We've got someone who's produced dualstack code for the WRT54G equivalents.

It's also likely that some or all of the NBN access will be IP rather than PPP (ISP dependent) so  that'll be easier.

MMC