[AusNOG] Network Monitoring Systems

Nathan Brookfield Nathan.Brookfield at serversaustralia.com.au
Tue Feb 9 17:02:49 EST 2010

I agree with Aaron and Kian :)

We are using:

- PRTG (For overall graphing of Switches, Routers & Uplinks)
- Netflow Analyzer (Customer Facing Graphing and Overall threshhold monitoring)
- OPManager (Node Monitoring)

We use two Wavecom m1206b Fastrack GSM Modem's on our OPManager Boxes which can alert us via Text Message of node failures and also of overall network failures if the OPManager box is unable to e-mail out to us.

Overall a very good combination of products and configurations.

Many Thanks,
Nathan