[AusNOG] Network Monitoring Systems

Christopher Balmain chris at team.dcsi.net.au
Tue Feb 9 15:41:49 EST 2010

After looking around for an out-of-the-box solution that would do everything we needed, and trying a number of different products (Zenoss, IPSentry, Nagios, and OpenNMS to name a few), we eventually decided on Cacti. We did have to modify it quite a bit in-house to support a few extra features like SMS alerting and the ability to monitor services (e.g. is port X open on host Y?), but overall it's an excellent system IMO.

Chris

---
Christopher Balmain
chris at team.dcsi.net.au