[AusNOG] Network Monitoring Systems

Michael Richardson lists at mikerichardson.com.au
Tue Feb 9 15:45:34 EST 2010

I use Zabbix, which I find to be a really great mix of graphing and
monitoring power. In fact, you can do a ridiculous amount with graphs. Takes
a bit of getting used to (what NMS doesn't?), but if you RTFM it's
straightforward enough and scales extremely well. Proxy sites and
distributed monitoring are a great feature.

It's open source, with paid support options. The guys who maintain it are
really responsive to the community as well, and new releases/updates come
out often.