[AusNOG] Enough. (was Re: Alumina vs AINS Update)

Jason Sinclair Jason.Sinclair at staff.pipenetworks.com
Wed Dec 15 10:38:15 EST 2010

I think this perhaps needs to be looked at in a different light. All
lists have posts that are/aren't relevant to some people at some stage.
Bit like reading the newspaper really. And while I acknowledge this is a
technical list there are so many more pearls and gems that have been
posted from time to time that its worth far outweighs its relevance. I
note that no one really objected to the posts re the NBN announcements
recently and it could be argued that they are not relevant in a
*technical* sense (although the relevance generally could not be
disputed).

I also agree that the AusNOG Board should have discretion in determining
posts being relevant or breaching the charter, etc, however we also need
to keep in mind those guys also have *other* jobs and may not be able to
dedicate 100% of their time in doing this either.

I think Luke's on the right track, but even easier - if its not relevant
to you I guess just don't read it and ignore the thread. My 2
cents....... And yes this is an irrelevant post and no I won't be
offended if no one reads it! :-)

Jas