[AusNOG] List Charter

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Dec 15 10:15:24 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010, Brad Gould wrote:
> Bevan - Works for me.
>
> I've found the current topic of choice rather interesting.
>
> As an "operator" the fact that an owner of address space has had such ineffective remedies to stop deliberate, detrimental advertising of it's space is troubling, and clearly an area of legal vacuum, which as of a week ago not many of us would have had much of an idea about.

The possibility of this occuring isn't new. That it's occuring here, in 2010,
in Australia, is troubling.

I think it's also relevant - it may not be related to BGP, but it's related
to who you may wish to buy services from. I bet list members who deal with
pacnet from now on will ask for confirmation, in writing, that they won't
be pulling these sorts of tricks during a legal dispute.

So, ymmv.

Adrian

- $24/pm+GST entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -