[AusNOG] Best Open-Source Flow analyzer tools

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Mon Dec 13 16:58:07 EST 2010

On 13/12/2010, at 3:02 PM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> Flowscan is ancient; nfdump/nfsen should be viewed as its successor.

nfdump works well, as does flow-tools.  Luckily some guys picked up the old flow-tools code base from splintered.net and have been working on it.  New releases are available at

	http://code.google.com/p/flow-tools/

It offers a good path forward for anyone that built tools around flow-tools and felt a little empty when Mark Fullmer moved on to other things.  I'm using nfdump myself these days but there's certainly a lot of flow-tools installations out there (including some I was responsible for :)

David