[AusNOG] Urgent - Pacnet NOC contact (with BGP clue)

Christopher Pollock chris at ionetworks.com.au
Mon Dec 13 13:40:31 EST 2010

Let's keep this simple and to the facts:

AINS is currently performing a Denial of Service attack on Alumina.

Even if you think your contract allows for it, IMO, hijacking someone else's
address ranges is unconscionable and thus unenforceable.  An appropriate
analogy would be that if you didn't pay your telehousing bills at one
provider, giving them the right to disconnect the power at all your other
telehousing provider's facilities.  This is wrong, and I don't know why you
can't see it.

If it were me, I wouldn't have done this because of the serious possibility
that it constitutes severe criminal activity.  If you want to gamble your
freedom - go ahead.  *Be aware that you, personally, risk going to jail for
this.*  The maximum penalty is 10 years IIRC.

What's your employer's outstanding debt worth to you?

--
Christopher Pollock,
io Networks Pty Ltd.