[AusNOG] Fwd: [SAGE-AU] Richard Stallman Speaking at RMIT

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Sat Aug 28 11:44:54 EST 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Shain Singh <shain.singh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apologies for the cross-post, but I thought there would definitely be some
> on this list that would be interested.
> RMS is also speaking at Melbourne University

For those of you who'd rather not fall asleep or otherwise be
intoxicated by Mr. Stallman's views, AusNOG is actually on at the same
time.  One of these things is operational, one is... not like the
other.

Despite his views becoming increasingly irrelevant (university
students, please send your replies to /dev/null so I don't appear
disingenuous), there is occasionally a sense of irony displayed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pube5Aynsls

I'm sure the media player on his GNU/Linux system is GPL licensed, and
the copyrighted material use is fair as irony is protected as free as
in speech....

;-)

-a