[AusNOG] Call for Lightning Talks at AusNOG 04

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Fri Aug 20 00:16:54 EST 2010

Colleagues,

With four weeks to go to AusNOG 04 the AusNOG Board is pleased to issue
the call for lightning talks for AusNOG-04.
Please feel free to disseminate within your network.

Call for presentations for AusNOG-04
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Four Seasons Hotel
     Sydney
     September 16th and 17th, 2010.

Lightning Talks
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This year we have decided to include a short 30 minute session to test
the waters on including Lightning Talks within the programme. Lightning
talks are short (max 10 minute) presentations on topical material. There
is no requirement for any slides! The organisers would encourage anyone
who hasn't spoken at AusNOG before to take this opportunity to share
some information and/or ideas (the idea doesn't even need to be fully
baked). Maybe you just want to generate some dinner conversation!

There will be a hard limit on time available based on the number of
talks we want to fit in so expect a shepherd's crook to appear from
side of stage if you look like going long :-)

Notes to presenters
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

By submitting a presentation for consideration in the AusNOG-04
programme, and if selected the presenter will allow AusNOG to:
     * Take photographs of the presentation and presenter.
     * Record and rebroadcast video and audio of the presentation and
       presenter.
     * Redistribute, the presentation slides, audio, video, and
       photographs electronically, on the AusNOG website, or otherwise
       but leaving all intellectual property in the hands of presenter
       or rightful property holder where possible.

If you are going to use slides we would appreciate them in advance of
the presentation so that they can be loaded on a laptop on the podium.

Deadlines

13th September: Submission of presentation title and presentation
         description (a couple of sentences, not War and Peace)

16th September: Presenters notified of their acceptance status as
         an AusNOG-04 Lightning Talk.

All submissions must be sent to organisers at ausnog.net.

Regards,
Mark.