[AusNOG] APNIC Conference Next week in Gold Coast

James Spenceley james at vocus.com.au
Wed Aug 18 15:54:30 EST 2010

On 18/08/2010, at 3:46 PM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> APNIC 30 (http://meetings.apnic.net/30) is being held next week on the Gold Coast (which was relocated due to instabilities in Thailand).
>
> I have checked the current list of those who are attending (http://submit.apnic.net/cgi-bin/reglist.pl?event_id=315) and I’ve noticed that there are VERY VERY few Australian ISP’s attending.
>
> Please guys... this is an extremely important event, and due to circumstances - is now on our shores.  While I realise that there is expense involved in going to the Gold Coast, there are a lot of ISPs in the Gold Coast and Brisbane region which I would dearly love to see come along.
>
> The conference isn’t even that long, but if you came to the operational day (Wednesday) and maybe the policy sections you would learn a lot about how the internet is governed in this region.

Oh and Vocus is sponsoring the opening ceremony on Tuesday night, which looks like it is going to be awesome fun :-)

> Being a part of APNIC has enhanced my personal life with the amount of excellent people I’ve been meeting from all over the world, and also my professional life with the experiences, views and knowledge from all over the region.

never heard enhancing personal life in connection with IP address allocation but there you go :-)

> I encourage all Australian ISPs to come along, but especially those in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area.

Agree, this is a really great opportunity to attend an APNIC event and the content and networking is really good.

PS: AusNOG04 is in a few weeks, sign up here https://secure.ausnog.net/signup/