[AusNOG] NBN: "i want a pony! but can I afford it"

Andrew Oskam percy at th3interw3bs.net
Tue Aug 17 09:45:03 EST 2010

I think the major flaw in the campaign that labour leads for the NBN is that it focuses on presenting project as a "faster" technology. It's all about speed, speed, and more speed and I don't think that this is acceptable. This is what I am seeing labour tell the average Australian with no experience in the industry. Labour should be pushing to show EVERYTHING that FTTx has to offer for now and into the future instead of sugarcoating the issue.

For a second there Jason I nearly disagreed with you - but after reading more closely I actually agree with you to some degree. Perhaps its not about deciding or trying to see what we will need in 10,20,40, or 100 years - and it's more about showing whats possible. Demonstrate, in full, what the NBN (among other technologies) has to offer instead of just leaking what labour wants the public to see or know about.

Andrew Oskam
E  percy at th3interw3bs.net

NOTICE:
These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of my employer or their affiliates. All comments are based upon my current knowledge and my own personal experiences. You should conduct independent tests to verify the validity of any statements made in this email before basing any decisions upon those statements.