[AusNOG] Aggressive competition

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Thu Aug 12 16:16:29 EST 2010

On 12/08/2010, at 3:16 PM, Kai wrote:

> Hi guys and girls,
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong but whilst Telstra wholesale and retail are the same company, while they continue to sell wholesale access cheaper to BigPond than to other ISP's

As others have said, Telstra's business units don't buy from Telstra Wholesale.  If they did then it'd be easy as there would be a clearly defined price for wholesaling a service.   There isn't.   Telstra basically claim to the ACCC to lose money on every service they offer, which is why the differential between Wholesale and Retail is so small.   But apparently, according to their annual reports, they make money from something.

MMC