[AusNOG] background radiation was: "i want a pony!" (wasRe:Long live the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal])

Brad Gould bradley at internode.com.au
Thu Aug 12 15:26:26 EST 2010

On 12/08/2010 14:48, Curtis Bayne wrote:
> Regulatory certainty in this context is simple: a guarantee that a
> government-owned entity with practically limitless capital and with
> super-carrier privileges won't steamroll my regional telco deployment
> into financial oblivion.

Oblivion will only happen if they (NBNCo+ISP's) offer a product which is
clearly superior to yours.

Being the incumbent in a regional area would certainly confer some
advantages long term.

And you could supply those same customers with service on NBNCo
infrastructure afterwards - there will be a level playing field.

NBN != instant customer base

Brad

--
Brad Gould, Network Engineer