[AusNOG] 1gb NBN

Glenn Lake glenn.lake at team.e-vision.com.au
Thu Aug 12 14:30:14 EST 2010

Actually it appears that the person who wrote this article is a bit confused
(The Age).

100 times faster than promised is what they state - 100Mb/s x 100 doesn't =
1Gb/s  as we all know.

I guess the government and NBNCo have found a way to deliver 10Gb speeds to
every premise.

And I especially like this quote:
"NBN Co would offer unlimited download capacity at one gigabit per second
wholesale rates to retail internet providers"   - great now customers will
be asking why retail ISPs won't be offering unlimited downloads."