[AusNOG] Long live the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal]

Matthew Zobel matthew.zobel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:09:13 EST 2010

See.  that's the thing about the market, when the need arises there will be
a business case to implement it.  At which point there are plently of people
on this list who represent companies that would be more than happy to meet
that need.  And in any case how are we supposed to know what the
requirements will be in 30 years time (the investment time of the NBN)??
Maybe wireless will be the be all and end all becuase everyone is using
tablet's and phones? Maybe not.  Maybe we'll be kicking ourselves because we
put down the wrong type of fibre, and we're stuck paying off a useless
investment that we have to overbuild again. Point is we just don't know.
Better to give the market the flexibility to meet those needs as/when
required.