[AusNOG] Long live the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal]

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Aug 11 14:25:31 EST 2010

On 11/08/2010 1:52 PM, Mark Newton wrote:

> PS: I reckon "12 Mbps doesn't cut it today for the average household/farm" is
> total bullshit.  And I reckon there are at least a hundred people on this list
> with several years of archived MRTG graphs which tell them I'm right.

Thats fine for downstream, or those close to the exchange. Personally, I
find 200 - 500 kbps fairly limiting on the upstream, and there would be
many in the population getting sub-5 Mbps, or in a corner of their ESA
too far for the DSL signal to travel at all, or in RIM hell with no
available port, who would feel they have no prospect of getting anything
better.

Taking an 'I'm allright Jack, bugger you' approach isn't one I'm
comfortable with.

Just sayin' :-)

--
Paul Brooks               |         Mob +61 414 366 605
Layer 10 Advisory         |         Ph  +61 2 9402 7355