[AusNOG] Long live the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal]

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Wed Aug 11 13:52:47 EST 2010

On 11/08/2010, at 1:03 PM, Michael Biber wrote:

> 12Mbps doesn't cut it today for the average household/farm...it's hopelessly
> underpowered for anything coming, IMHO

I find it fascinating that people would say that on this list, of all places.

If the AusNOG crowd doesn't have a good handle on the bitrates used in real
life by actual real-life users then what hope do the politicians have?

PS: I reckon "12 Mbps doesn't cut it today for the average household/farm" is
total bullshit.  And I reckon there are at least a hundred people on this list
with several years of archived MRTG graphs which tell them I'm right.

Just sayin'.

  - mark :-)

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)