[AusNOG] Rudd shelves Filtering legislation

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Thu Apr 29 20:42:36 EST 2010

On 29/04/2010, at 6:34 PM, Narelle wrote:

> It seems people haven't seen this yet...

> http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it/rudd-retreats-on-passing-web-filter-legislation/story-e6frgakx-1225859630452

Seen it, don't believe it.

I don't really care what Rudd says when Conroy is out of his cage at
16:44 EST today, continuing to defend the policy and forecasting the
introduction of legislation into Parliament:
http://delimiter.com.au/2010/04/29/conroy-denies-filter-circumvention-offence-planned/

If Conroy didn't get the memo and is now actively subverting his boss
in public, then he needs his wings clipped, and Rudd needs to bring him
into line.

If Rudd doesn't bring him into line, we can safely assume that Conroy
isn't actually speaking out of turn, and that Rudd's censorship policy ain't
dead until it's lying in a pool of its own blood with a spear sticking out
of its eye socket.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)