[AusNOG] NBN Billing and Migration Workshop - Thursday this week

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Tue Apr 20 13:13:52 EST 2010

Colleagues - the third in a series of day workshops on NBN operational
processes is being held in Sydney on Thursday this week, as part of the
Communications Alliance NBN Project.

In addition to the normal outlets through emails to members and
registered followers to the project wiki, I'm posting this here at this
late stage as we have a lot of systems vendors and OSS/BSS software
people attending the Operations group sessions, but we could do with a
lot more input from service providers. If you are interested in signing
up with NBN Co as a RSP, and you are a Communications Alliance member,
please consider attending along to provide your perspective and learn
about the initial proposals, gaining an inside-run on the likely future
method of working with NBN Co.

This workshop is focussed on Billing and Service Migration. Past
workshops have covered Provisioning and Service Activation, and Trouble
Handling.

The workshop is a sleeves-rolled-up run through of initial ideas from
NBN Co's Greg Tilton who is also running the CA Operations workgroup,
while we collectively go through scenarios, fine-tune the processes and
identify the next level of detail to be worked out, including IT/systems
interactions.

If you are a Comms Alliance member, and would like to come along, please
RSVP to v.thangavelu at commsalliance.com.au for catering purposes as Comms
Alliance is providing lunch.

If you are not a member, and would like to attend, contact me or Visu
and I'll see if we can push something through quickly.

If you are interested in learning more about the NBN Project or any of
the 8 working groups, or would like to be more involved, please feel
free to contact me. We really do need more service providers to help us
work through the issues associated with processes, interworking, IT
systems and migration of customers from the old to the new networks.

When:  Thursday 22nd April, 10am to 4pm
Where: Communications Alliance office, Level 9/32 Walker Street North Sydney
Contact: Visu Thangavelu - Project Manager - 02 9959 9111
More Info:    http://www.commsalliance.com.au/Activities/nbn

https://commswiki.dgit.biz/index.php/Main_Page#Operational
                     https://commswiki.dgit.biz/index.php/Operational
(if you have a Wiki login)