[AusNOG] VPLS Router Support

Tim Nagy tnagy at juniper.net
Mon Apr 19 16:18:13 EST 2010

Hi Guys,

We do support VPLS across the JUNOS-based range, except the EX-Series
(switches).

There are a few caveats on the SRX and J-Series, though, which can be
found here:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security10
.1/junos-security-swconfig-interfaces-and-routing/vpls-exceptions-jserie
s-section.html#vpls-exceptions-jseries-section

According to that, we don't *support* LDP-signaled VPLS on SRX branch,
but if you try it out, Ben, let us know how it goes. We do support
LDP-signaled VPLS on all the other routers, as well as LDP to BGP
interworking if you have a mixture of both.

VPLS on the branch SRX is pretty cool. Like Ben says, BGP does scale
well for multiple VPLS sites.

Regards,
Tim