[AusNOG] VPLS Router Support

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Mon Apr 19 11:13:22 EST 2010

Hi Ryan,

Juniper support VPLS across the board right down to their low-end branch office SRXs.  The caveat used to be that you had to be using BGP-signalled VPLS (RFC 4761) rather than LDP-signalled (RFC 4762), but I just had a look and my little SRX210 and it seems to be accepting the LDP-centric commands just fine*.  BGP-signalled is actually pretty nice when you want to roll out a single VPN with even a modest (10+) number of sites (targeted LDP starts getting messy fast).

Cheers,

Ben

* which doesn't always mean anything - when I get some spare time, I think I'll test this for real.