[AusNOG] How do you label?

Michael Richardson lists at mikerichardson.com.au
Sun Apr 18 11:49:18 EST 2010

Hi!

I've always come to this list when I've been stuck on network design
concepts, and the results have always remarkable! I'd like to impose upon
you all once again with a relatively simple but not unimportant question:
what do you use for labeling your network gear?

To date, I've been happy enough with using the basic labels you put in a
P-touch or whatever. Of course, you couldn't count on them for long as the
glue would go in the heat at a back of a rack, but they were an acceptable
solution to a problem I didn't really care about at the time. As our
business grows, I feel it's time to make sure the foundation is right by
labeling everything really, really well.

I think I'm okay in terms of nomenclature for labeling gear like network
cables etc, but where I'm stuck is: where can I get labels with good glue
that sticks indefinitely, and also can print lots of little labels at the
same time?

Thanks once again for your time and any insight you can offer!

Mike