[AusNOG] List charter Vs Reporters on the list

Snowy Angelique Maslov snowy at snowy.org
Wed Apr 14 21:10:51 EST 2010

On 14/04/2010 5:56 PM, Neil Fenemor wrote:
> The issue with a closed list is where do you set the bar for entry?
> You could go with having an ASN, but that could potentially exclude
> Universities and the like. Likewise a particular role in a company
> wouldn't suffice, because you'd be excluding some very valuable
> resources.
>
> IMO a closed list really is not the option, engineers just have to
> watch what they say. There's a reason I'm a long time reader, first
> time poster here ;)
I would tend to agree - I don't post at all like a lot of readers but
keeping an eye on this list lets me know of upcoming issues and info
that users will pester me about both community wise (I help administer
one of larger IRC networks) and work wise (I work for Fujitsu
Australia).   Keeping people like myself informed stops a sizeable
number of end-users berating the rest of you guys. ;)
--

Snowy Angelique Maslov<snowy at snowy.org>