[AusNOG] List charter Vs Reporters on the list

David Hooton david.hooton at platformnetworks.net
Wed Apr 14 18:50:41 EST 2010

Guys,

Like it or not, we as a community provide services that would be considered fairly critical to hundreds of thousands of businesses in our country.  This, like it or not, will make any information regarding service availability or changes in the industry completely news worthy.

Journo's are going to want comment or inside information - thats their job - if you don't want to comment or don't want to be quoted, just politely decline and be flattered that your opinion is considered important enough to get into the news.

So yes - be careful what you say, but don't be surprised if you get a call if you are talking about something significant operationally.

Cheers!

Dave