[AusNOG] [off-topic] Sydney dust storms

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Wed Sep 23 16:02:35 EST 2009

Past experience shows that FSO usually hold up fairly well in these
conditions (over reasonably short hauls), but next time it rains and
the fine layer of dust across the lenses turns to mud is when things
go bad.

On 23/09/2009, at 2:22 PM, Terry Manderson wrote:

On 23/09/2009, at 2:03 PM, vk6ksj wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Sorry for off-topic post but you might know someone who's affected
> by this, apparently it's on it's way to QLd:

Already here... http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/dust-storm-covers-brisbane-in-haze-20090923-g0wm.html

I'm wondering how those with PtP laser systems are going? (I know of a
couple corporates that run laser systems between sheds on
manufacturing / distribution campuses in the Brisbane area)

Terry