[AusNOG] [ISOC-AU-mems] Quigley announces architectural "stakein the ground"

John Allan lists at john.net.au
Thu Sep 17 14:01:09 EST 2009

Other models make the battery maintenance the customer's
responsibility.  This is the case in some overseas countries and (I
believe) is also the case with some services in Aus.
They publish general technical specifications and approve specific
products.
If the customer damages the equipment by connecting a non-approved
battery they become liable.
If the customer cannot replace their own battery then the SP can replace
it for them fee-for-service.

-John