[AusNOG] [ISOC-AU-mems] Quigley announces architectural "stakein the ground"

Jason Sinclair Jason.Sinclair at staff.pipenetworks.com
Thu Sep 17 09:06:16 EST 2009

Interestingly Quigley mentioned that whilst the NBNCo would only be
offering a layer 2 Ethernet style service, he then stated that they
would need to have layer 3 capability to offer QoS, security and
multicast (potentially if they could figure it out).

Also - mentioned that they would provide a POTs port hiked back via SIP
to a softswitch.....

In terms of the other questions his answer was that they are still
working on it in consultation with industry......

Access into the cloud was via a POI concept with locations and
mechanisms yet to be determined.

Jas