[AusNOG] Brisbane BBQ

Steve Lisson SteveL at e3networks.com.au
Mon Oct 19 17:27:45 EST 2009

Hi,

Date: 14th November 2009

Time: 11am till 8pm

Location: Wacol (email for full address, don't want my address
permanently stored on the mailing list)

Very close to train station

Currently BYO everything but could change (see below)

People from AusNOG and partners and other people from associated
internet industries are invited, reservation is not required if an
AusNOG mailing list participant (any other parties do have to RSVP but
will be quite open unless numbers become unmanageable) but if you are
going to attend or might attend an sending me an e-mail indicating this
(and you will need address anyway) (stevel at dedicatedservers.net.au
<mailto:stevel at dedicatedservers.net.au> ).

Children will be allowed until around 4pm. An area inside the house will
be set aside with TV/Movies and some toys, however, if weather is poor
this will not be viable (i.e. if it is raining this will not be
available as will be taken up by guests).

A BBQ has been organised, however, are still in need of a few things:

(Priority) Tables/chairs for food to go on and people to sit down on.

Supplies of food/drink/alcohol, have had a possible offer of a keg, but
some mid/light beer alternatives would be great!

Audio amplifier (have speakers)

Music/entertainment (Vinyl turntables available but need mixer (as mine
dodgy) or could just hook up to streaming audio :-))

Long extension cord(s) & a couple of power boards

Wireless AP (of course providing connectivity, but only 1.5mbit (anyone
give me a faster tail back to Pipe creek street :-))

Steve